Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Love Decieved?

There's been a lot of talk recently about Rob Bell, his new book Love Wins, and the Christian doctrines of the afterlife. But,this isn't a book review. In fact, I haven't even read the book. Yet.
(I came up with this silly little idea of reading all of the Harry Potter books and seeing the movies before the last one comes out in June. I'm a few years behind schedule in my Rowling reading, so that has taken up the bulk of my word-on-page time. Plus, as it turns out, I really like them. Also, I just received two books in the mail written by friends of mine, so they should probably be next on the list.)

My point, in writing this, will be brief. While I haven't yet read Bell's book, I'm highly curious, as it is regarding something that's been twiddling around in my mind for quite some time now. Thus, cruising around amazon.com, I stumbled across some reviews and message boards regarding Bell and his book, and one man's statement stuck out to me. He said:
It is just like Satan to deceptively sneak in, seemingly stating 'Love', but in reality, sending people straight to hell.
And I wondered to myself:

Can we really be deceived by Love?
or, perhaps better stated,
Can Love truly be used to deceive?

No comments:

Post a Comment