Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Newton Hills Respite

Yesterday, I went to Newton Hills State Park, because it was sunny and warm and I needed to get outside. It was a day full of writing, photoing, praying, reading, day dreaming, and hiking. It was a much needed outdoor respite. These are a few of the pictures I took.



Then, as I was wandering, feeling refreshed and contemplating the much needed spring (both physical and metaphorical) I saw something nice. So I jotted down this poem about it and tried, rather failingly, to photograph it. Here are the results.

There had been a number of flowers
Hidden behind the trees
I'd caught a glimpse of only a few
Then I continued up the path
And was on my way down
The other side of the hill
When I saw the last bit of snow
In the distance
A thousand tiny white flowers
In bloom before my eyes.

Winter scarcely remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment