Sunday, May 16, 2010

Good Words

Some much needed encouragement from my step dad, in response to my last blog:
The longer you are in your present job, the more trapped you will feel. If a job comes along that you want, go for it! If it pays more, double good.

The secret to success is to match your talents with your goals.

Love,
Jim

PS: I am still searching for my talents!!



My mood lighted greatly upon reading Jim's email. I think I just needed a reminder that I'm not going to be stuck here. One thing that has held me back from applying to other jobs is the fact that I've been at this job and others like it for so long, that I don't know how to do anything else. I've been worried that that would mean I couldn't get in anywhere else. But, I guess...I"m going to take my chances and see what happens...or something.
.
It's currently 9:30 Sunday evening. I've been at work basically since 2:30 on Friday with time off only to go home and sleep Friday and Night. Tomorrow will be used to fast, pray, write, fix up the ol' resume and apply for jobs in youth ministry and a few other fields including editing and personal assitance.

We'll see how it turns out and what turns up. All I know is that I can't stay at this job. I was burned out before I got back, and frankly, that's not fair to the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment