Friday, May 14, 2010

Wait

The future is here. It's just not widely distributed yet.
- William Gibson

Here I begin yet another attempt at daily writing in another stage of my life. (You know I will fail at the "daily" thing quite regularly, but saying I'll do it daily and having a public blog will hold me at least slightly accountable) This stage, as you might have guessed, is the waiting stage. Now I know, life is short and I need to make every moment count and not live for the future. I'm working on that. However, it has become apparent to me that for the next.....I don't know, months, years, whatever and however long, I'm just supposed to wait.
The above quote just happened to be on my google page today. It seemed a befitting way in which to begin.
While in Korea, I began a "daily" blog, just to keep myself writing. That's the general idea here. I just need to be writing...at lease something, to keep my mind going and my writing skills somewhere around par.
Most of you full well know (as I hide it quite poorly) that I had no intentions of moving back to Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States of America...and yet here I am. I find myself working at my old job, (which I remind myself to be thankful for in this piss-poor economy) which is mindless and makes me crazy. Again a fact that I really don't even try to hide. I continually peruse the internet for something bigger and better...and yet, in my heart and spirit, I hear..."Wait."
So, I'm waiting. I'm trying not to go stir crazy in a city of 150,000 after being in one of 20 million, but I'm waiting. I know that God is good and all he does is for goodness sake. I "know" (this knowing has been a bit shaky lately) that I'm "called" to something...ministry of some sort...and we all know where I'm hoping that to be. But if and when that happens, I can't say. Apparently, God's got some stuff to work out in my heart and in my life. So, for the meantime, I'll wait. I'll write. I'll spend time with family and friends. I'll pray. I'll eat. I'll hopefully learn some good stuff while volunteering with Lifelight. (www.lifelight.org) I'll echo the words of a worship song I've been listening to a lot lately, "I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned, in awe of the one who gave it all. I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered. All I have is Yours." And finally, I'll leave you with the only song that I possibly could post on this first WaitAwaitAbide blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment