Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Giving of the Thanks

It's Thanksgiving here in the good ol US of A. While most are off with family and friends, eating hoardes of turkey, yams, mashed potatoes, heavenly green bean casserole, and....well, not much else matters after green bean casserole, I am at work. SpongeBob on in the corner. Family and friends scattered throughout the globe. Usually, at work I succumb to the internal writhing resulting from the mindnumbing, life-sucking nature of my job which leads to feeling like a giant pavement roller is slowing making its way over my bones from metatarsal to occipital. But, today is a day of giving thanks. And so here is a list of 14 things I am thankful for...1 for each hour of work today. These are in no particular order.

1. Family/Friends
2. Travel experiences

3. Spending a bit of time with the Gilkerson's today.
4. Music
5. My dogs (at my parent's house)


6. Having a 2 year old squeal with delight and run up to me everynight when I get home from work.   (Roommates' son, Jonas)--Um, and my roommates Nicole and Dustin :)
7. South Dakota sunsets

8. The ocean

9. My lifegroup (from "my" church, The Crossing)
10.The smell of horses
11. Finland

12. Coffee (and days like Monday when I get to just sit at the coffee shop with my book, sketchbook, and    notebook, and pen)
13. My education
14. Hope                  

No comments:

Post a Comment